Jan 19th/ 2009

Hi Everyone,

Will be moving all content over to Brodie Beta dot com as
its recently become unreasonable to maintain two blogs in addition to all my microblogging and social networks.
Add me to Twitter or check out my life stream at FriendFeed

Brodie Beta
@iphonegirl

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Iphone Applications-Canada(location based software)

Canadians are once again getting the shaft.
Restaurant , Box Office and Event applications (location based software) have not been, for the most part, available in my area.
After downloading numerous applications I find the closest information is based in " Detroit ".

I Found a kewl application called Urban Spoon, application works as a restaurant picker, just shake the phone, it lands on a restaurant pick in your area.
You have an option to pick a major city or let it find you. Not available in my area:(
Folks who live in Vancouver and Toronto should have no problem:)

Local Picks is the only restaurant app that works in my area. It is awesome! and has tons of restaurant listings in my city.
Restaurant Nutritional Application also lists 18 fast food restaurants, all of 9 are in business here. A kewl function that comes with the nutritional guide is the MAP function which finds your location and will give you directions to the closest fast food joints (of the 18 listed).

Box office was also an app that we were looking forward to using.

Not that I am complaining at all. The iphone is the still the best device I've ever owned.

1 comment:

Top Mobile App Development Companies India said...


think your blog is pretty good which have some useful information. Thanks for sharing us!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Php Development Services India, &&
Hire Titanium Developer